We will be holding a Balloon developers meeting for those actively involved to discuss where we are at, what to do next and who is going to do it. The emphasis wil be on technical issues such as bootloaders, kernel versions, code management, hardware variants, as well as general strategy in terms of acheiving what people want to achieve.
This will be at 11:00 am Friday 9th June at Toby CHurchill Ltd offices in Over, nr Cambridge,UK. Anyone who is working on Balloon is welcome, and anyone considering joining the team would also be very welcome.
Add any items you specifically want discussed here:
- Current state of Balloon3 prototypes
- Kernels - 2.4 and 2.6 update. Which versions to support. Pushing into mainline.
- Bootloaders - Bootldr vs. uboot. Maintenance.
- JTAG tools - software and hardware (dongles, XJTAG, openJTAG)
- FPGA/CPLD programming tools
- Production. Plans, variants, finance.
- Add-on boards
If you are considering coming please add your name to the list.
- Colin Tuckley
- Steve Wiseman
- Laurie van Someren (leaving by around 1pm)
- Jim Rayner (joining) [work:beyondvoice.com, interests:Linux embedded, associate of Chris]
- Nick Bane
- Dave Bisset
- David Mason - unfortunately has to go to a funeral. John Drake will attend instead.
- Chris Jones. Friday 9 June is OK for me but the morning might be a problem - I have to attend a hospital appointment which nominally at 9.40 but these things tend to be a little unpredictable.
James McKenzie, and Laurence Withers (vegetarian), Guralp Systems
- Peter Long, Cambridge University engineering Dept
Currently 11 people, and pretty much a full house of developers, which is excellent.
If anyone is interested in taking part in a PGP/GnuPG keysigning at some point during the day then bring some Government issued photo-Id and some key fingerprint printouts.